Here are some Feng Shui tips you may like to have some fun with on Chinese New Year’s Eve to attract luck and to bring harmony and balance in your life:
- Find you’re inner Marie Kondo because the first day of the New Year must find you organized, so the entire house needs to be cleaned before the arrival of the New Year. On New Year’s Eve all the brooms, brushes, dust rags etc. are put aside. People don’t sweep or dust on New Year’s Day because it is considered as also sweeping the good fortune away.
- Purifying the house energy – Burning sandalwood incense, filling some bowls with safflower water and ringing a Tibetan bell on New Year are customary. During this time, it is recommended to say prayers or mantras, which will positively change the energy of your home.
3. Create a Wealth Bowl – place a glass or ceramic bowl (with coins) in our case fresh marigolds next to your house door. Every time you have loose change, place them in the Wealth Bowl to symbolically accumulate wealth.
4. Place in the South-East corner (the corner of wealth), on a table or chair, a tray with 4 cups (full with tea) and a kettle of warm, sweet tea to invite into your home the 4 kings from the 4 corners, which will bring you luck all throughout 2019.
5. The lucky number of fish in 2019 is 8 – 7 goldfish and 1 blackfish. The goldfish symbolize prosperity, good fortune, and yang energy. The black fish is to absorb negative energy.
6. At midnight, open the doors and windows for 10 minutes, so the passing year can let in the new coming year. Also, write down 9 wishes on rectangular pieces of paper and hang them in a tree or taller plant, outside (in the garden or on the deck); carried by the wind, it is said they will reach the sky faster and they will get fulfilled during that respective year.
7. These are the “lucky” fruits you must have on the table on New Year’s Eve: pineapples, round fruits for endless prosperity, oranges for gold, grapes hanging on windows and door jambs, mango for strong family ties, and lemon to remove the negative vibes.
8. It’s very auspicious to have fabulous dinner with friends and family on Chinese New Year. Hang some red lanterns, some red cloth napkins, and Chopsticks and grab some takeaway or easier still head to China Town or closer to our neck of the woods China Sea on Park Road Milton for all the dragon and cracker fun.
Happy New Year of the Earth Pig to you all from the team at Place Property.